Your Azure Coach
This training is brought to you by Toon Vanhoutte
The training takes place during these timeslots:
- June 6: 09h00-12h30 CET
- June 7: 09h00-12h30 CET
- June 8: 09h00-12h30 CET
- June 9: 09h00-12h30 CET
The training is valuable for developers, architects and operators.
Basic knowledge of Azure API Management (concepts and policies)
Basic understanding of API security concepts
The training focusses on all topics related to Azure API Management security.
- Azure API Management recap: fundamental API management security concepts…
- Frontdoor network security: virtual networks, firewall, IP restrictions, rate limiting…
- Frontdoor authentication: API keys, basic authentication, TLS mutual authentication, OIDC..
- Frontdoor authorization: OAuth2 with Azure AD, Access Control List, claims, roles…
- Pass user and app context: possibilities, on-behalf-of flow…
- Backdoor network security: virtual networks, firewall, IP restrictions, rate limiting…
- Backdoor authentication: API keys, basic authentication, TLS mutual authentication…
- Backdoor authorization: OAuth2 with Azure AD, Access Control List, claims, roles…
- Best practices: Azure Policy, global policy, error handling, key vault, managed identity…
At the end of the training, we apply the gained knowledge on real-life use cases. Based on several real case studies, you will learn how to determine the right security model for your APIs. We will design and implement state-of-the-art security, by covering both the front- and backdoor. You will learn how to deal with application & user identities and how these can be passed to the backend APIs.
These case studies will be discussed:
- “Natural language processing“: managed identity, Azure Functions, dynamic throttling
- “Customs“: user-assigned, managed identity, role-based access control, key vault
- “Weather Services“: azure relay, hybrid, products
- “Employee Info“: user consent, extract claims, SOAP, TLS mutual authentication
Some general information about the training:
- The online training takes place via Microsoft Teams
- Access to an Azure subscription will be provided
- The Azure consumption cost is included in the training price
- All training material is handed over to the participants
- The prerequisite software will be communicated one week before the training